This time of year especially I love having roasted potatoes with dinner. They taste fresh and compliment a variety of different dishes. I love having them with burgers, chicken dishes, or even with a piece of salmon. I always like making extra too because they’re great with eggs the next morning!
This is my go-to roasted potato recipe. It is super simple and always gets me compliments when guests come over for dinner. They taste amazing on their own or dipped in a basil aioli if you’re looking to take things up a notch.
Here is how I make them:
Everyday Roasted Potatoes
- 680 grams potatoes (I like to use a 680g bag of mini potatoes from the grocery store but any potatoes will do)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 green onions, diced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Dice the potatoes into bite sized pieces and place them in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the olive oil and add the spices to the bowl.
- Toss the potatoes in the oil and spices until evenly coated.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Optional: Top the potatoes with diced green onions for an even fresher taste.
These roasted potatoes require very little prep work, especially if you use the mini potatoes like I do. They take just minutes to prepare and taste incredible! If you’re looking for an easy side dish that pairs with just about anything, you’ll want to try these roasted potatoes.