Today I want to share my recipe for breakfast nachos. They sound a little weird, but I promise they are insanely good! I had the idea a few years back and they were a big hit, so I thought I’d share the recipe here since the weather is getting warmer and they’re the perfect outdoor breakfast.
These breakfast nachos are easy to make and are so delicious! They are ideal for enjoying while camping or on your patio this time of year, but would also be a unique brunch idea too. They are also totally customizable, so you can change up the toppings to suit your tastes.
Here is how I make them:
- tortilla chips
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and then spread out the tortilla chips on top. Set aside.
- In a frying pan, melt the butter. Then, add in the eggs and milk.
- Scramble the eggs and cook for approximately 5 minutes, or until the eggs are cooked.
- Pour the salsa over the tortilla chips.
- Then, add the eggs on top of the tortilla chips.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese over the eggs.
- Top the eggs with the diced jalapeno, green onion, and red pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.
You can experiment with toppings and play around with the measurements, this is just the guide I like to go by. If you like savoury breakfasts, this recipe is definitely worth trying out!