These berry crumble bars are one of my favourite summer desserts! They are just sweet enough and very easy to prepare. They are delicious on their own but also pair perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you want something a bit more decadent.
This recipe works with fresh or frozen fruit – you could even pick your own berries to make a whole day of it! It comes together quickly and is the perfect summer treat.
Berry Crumble Bars
- 1.5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1.5 cups oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Grease an 8x8 pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and maple sugar. Then, mix in the oats and flour until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into two bowls.
- Take the mixture from one bowl and press it into the bottom of the pan. Then, add the berries on top. Finally, take the other half of the mixture and sprinkle it on top of the berries.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes. Let cool before cutting into 9 squares and serving.
Let me know if you decide to give this recipe a try!